Parks College Parachute Research Group
The following is a list of computer programs the PRG has written as part of their research projects
and also for the benefit of skydivers and parachure riggers.
- PIMS, the Parachute Inflation Modeling Suite, a Windows-based program
for the simulation of parachute inflation.
- PIFCALC, the Parachute Inflation Calculator, a Windows-based pogram
for the computation of the opening shock of manned parachutes.
- OSCALC, the Opening Shock Calculator, a Windows-based program
for the computation of parachute opening shock.
- TCDCALC, the Truncated Cone Decelerator Calculator, a Windows-based program
to help in the design of a TCD type parachute.
US Winds Aloft Forecast for Drop Zones, a web-based program that uses National Weather Service data to display wind direction graphically.
Translated US METARs for Drop Zones, a web-based program that provides easy to use pulldown menus to request plain language METARs from the National Weather Service.
US FAA 180 Day Parachute Repack Cycle Calculator, a web-based program that can
1. calculate how long the parachute will be in date from the date it was packed, or
2. calculate when the parachute must have been packed to be valid through a certain date.